Lesson 18 of 19
→ Exercise 7A: Take action.
Here is a menu of options for Exercise 7A. Choose at least one to do 🙂 .
- In honor of “I Don’t Miss American Pie,” make a Raw Apple Pie and share your experience in your group.
- Choose a section of Livestock: The Long Shadow. Read it, and share your findings. Alternatively, check out William Ripple et. al‘s Ruminants, climate change and climate policy. Or the more recent Substituting beans for beef as a contribution toward US climate change targets. Read and share what you’ve learned.
- Make Nori Rolls and share your experience in your group.
- Legumes (beans, also called pulses) have many benefits, including the longevity benefit. They also help us to feel satiated (we don’t feel hungry after eating them), they lower LDL cholesterol, reduce cancer risk, control blood sugar, and ensure a healthier gut microbiome (the ecosystem of other species that live in your gut). Make a dish with beans!
- Does (at least some) healthy food tastes delicious to you? Do you have the capacity to share meals with others? If you have no one to share an in-person meal with, consider ways to share meals online. My friends and I are glad we shared the experience of making a raw apple pie in early March, before we knew the extent of COVID-19. Scroll to see the photos at the bottom of the apple pie recipe. Create an experience around healthy food. (Don’t count on everyone being on board with the healthy part. Focus on the connection if the healthy food joy isn’t universally shared.)